Ormskirk station staff pose for their group photo in 1908.  They worked for the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Company, which existed from 1847 until 1922.  The station opened in 1849, and the original stone building survives on the former Preston platform (background, left hand side).  The handsome brick offices on the Liverpool platform  (behind, to the right) were opened in 1866.